Effective date: November 29, 2018
Respublica is one of the leading providers of affordable, high quality accommodation for students and key workers. Please visit us at https://www.respublica.co.za
You may provide personal information when communicating with us (for example, if you contact us).
We will collect information about your tastes and preferences both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of customer traffic, including by using cookies (as described below).
We use your information for the following purposes:
1. We may collect traffic data related to your use of and access to our services. Such data would include time spent online and what sites are being visited, in accordance with the Fair Usage Policy which is applicable.
2. We may provide aggregated statistics about our traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you. We use this information along with your preferences to tailor content, services and offers for you.
1. The periods for which we keep your information will vary according to the purpose for which we use the information.
2. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep your information we will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed. We have an internal data retention policy that details the duration for which we keep certain categories of data.
1. We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
2. We may also provide aggregated statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
When you review your account information or order services or products online, Respublica offers the use of a secure server. The secure server software encrypts the information that you input before it is transmitted to us. In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with statutory data protection requirements. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser, or stored as a temporary object in your web browser for the time of that connection.
The type of cookie that we use is known as a 'session-based' cookie and is allocated to your computer only for the duration of your visit to our web site. The second type of cookie is known as a 'persistent' cookie. These cookies will remain on your computer for a period of time set for each cookie. 2. How you can refuse or opt out of cookies: Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance and prompt you every time a cookie is sent to you or to allow you to choose not to receive cookies at all. For further information on cookies and how to manage them you can go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you have any questions or complaints about how we use your personal information please contact our customer services team via email@example.com